Experience the power of WinZip–on your Mac Designed specifically for Mac users, WinZip Mac Edition is packed with special features to help maximize your productivity and minimize your file sizes. Share more, store more, and get your work done effortlessly with WinZip Mac Edition.
– WinZip’s trusted compression abilities zip and unzip files instantly
– Protect your confidential files with strong AES encryption
– Send large files quickly with easy-to-use file-sharing tools
* Zip and unzip files instantly using simple, drag-and-drop functionality
* Reduce file size for faster sharing and smaller storage
* Open major compressed file formats (Zip, Zipx, RAR, LHA, 7Z, JAR, WAR)
* Password-protect confidential files using powerful AES encryption
* Prevent unauthorized access of email attachments
* Encrypt individual files within a zipped folder
Package and Share
* Zip and encrypt Mac files to create smaller, safer email attachments
* Organize and compress files into small, logical groups that are ideal for sharing
*Zip files and folders for faster uploading/downloading times
Zip files to save space and send faster emails – Compressing files saves valuable storage space, decreases file upload/download times, and lets you send faster, more efficient emails.
* Reduce file sizes to fit more in an email, on your hard drive, or on portable media
* Create a variety of compressed file formats including .zipx, WinZip’s smallest file size to date
* Back up your photos and projects and fit more onto CD or DVD using the ‘Zip and Burn’ feature
* Use Mac’s ‘Quick Look’ tool so you can browse the contents of a Zip file before you decide whether to unzip it
Share zipped files between your Mac and PC – Designed specifically for Mac users–WinZip Mac Edition helps you over the hurdle of sharing or receiving compressed folders or archives from PC users.
* Extract content from the industry’s widest selection of compressed file types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, LHA, 7Z, JAR, and WAR files
* Email Zip files directly from the WinZip window using Mac’s built-in Mail tool
* Specify if you want to include or omit Mac-specific hidden files when zipping and sending files to Windows and Linux users
* Enjoy support for Mac application bundles (.app), with the option to view package contents before unzipping
Secure confidential information – Whether you are sharing important documents with colleagues, uploading sensitive files to the Internet, or storing entire archives at home, WinZip is the perfect solution for protecting your information from unauthorized access.
* Keep files completely secure with strong, 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption
* Password-protect files and email attachments as you zip them
* Apply a password to a specific file within a Zip file to prevent unwanted access
Package and share files with ease – Share files with confidence, knowing that they are smaller, safer and more manageable.
* Send hassle-free email attachments that won’t bounce
* Organize and zip files into compact, logical groups that are ideal for sharing
* Share high-resolution photos in a snap—WinZip automatically resizes and compresses digital images before attaching them to your email
* ‘Zip and Email’ feature lets you compress and send files and folders directly from the WinZip window without opening your email application
* Shrink files for faster, easier transfer to portable data storage devices
What is new in version 2
Full support for Mac OS X Mountain Lion – WinZip’s fast, simple approach to zipping, protecting and sharing files and folders on your Mac now integrates seamlessly with Mac OS X Mountain Lion. WinZip Mac Edition 2’s enhanced interface gives an at a glance breakdown of file sizes before and after compression, showing you exactly how much space was saved by zipping.
In Place Editing – Don’t unzip an entire archive just to change one file! WinZip’s new ‘In Place Editing’ feature lets you open and edit files and documents within a Zip file without unzipping them first. Edit zipped documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more within their native applications and then save them back to your zipped folder or archive. When you save your changes, the Zip file is updated with the newest version.
Mac OS X 10.6.X or higher
Intel 64-bit processor